Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13 Block

Picked up a batch of daffodils at the Co-op, first ones of the season.  They are on the kitchen table, and they smell amazing and light up the room like a Christmas tree.  Unfortunately, I don't have any daffodil fabric, so I went with pansy fabric instead.  The garden center will probably have pansies soon in all their amazing variety.


Since making Grandma's quilt was a rather hurried job, my studio ended up looking like a bomb exploded in it.  Throwing fabric over my shoulder as I went, it ended up everywhere with nothing being put back where it belonged.  I managed to beat back most of the mess today, so here are before and after pictures.






Grandma's quilt is done and delivered.  There are 18 four patch squares, each one in a family member's favorite color:  One for Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Sheila (her sister), three children, three spouses, and nine grandchildren.  It was done very quickly and the quilting is about as simple and fast as possible.  I am definitely no machine quilter as yet.  If I'd had six months to make a beaded piece for her, that would have been a different story.  Time was of the essence, and while my beaded work may be exquisite, it doesn't keep you warm.... Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment