Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10 Block

I had the best surprise tonight!  The back story is that when my hand-me-down iMac died, Anne gave me her 10 year old Mac Tower to use.  It's slow, very slow, doesn't allow quilting videos to play well, or the eaglets for that matter....  Of all the family members, I probably use my Mac the least - evenings, weekends, holidays - so it's not a big deal.  But I have been complaining about the old computer, especially since Anne set up wi-fi in our house as a joint Mother's Day/Father's Day present a couple of months ago.  I've been saving spare change in the peanut butter jar, cashing it in, and stashing it away for a shiny new MacBook.  It would probably have been the end of the summer at least before I could spring for one.

Well, Eileen walked in tonight and handed me a beautiful white box (Apple boxes are really sexy) with a brand spanking new MacBook Pro inside!  Wow!  It's a much nicer version than I would ever have bought myself, and for the very first time, I have the coolest computer in the family!  With 300GB of memory!  I think our first Mac from 25 years ago had something like 256K memory with a 10MB external drive.  It wasn't the first Mac, but I believe it was the second iteration.

And Anne came over and began the process of switching over all my files and getting the applications installed.  Now I can use my new laptop in the studio (quilting videos!), on the screen porch, or even just sitting at the table if I decide to be all boring about it!

Did I mention I have the coolest, shiniest new Mac in the whole family, maybe the whole neighborhood?  And the two coolest, sweetest daughters in the whole world.... Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment