Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1 Block

We had a heat index of 107 today with 90% humidity.  I consider air conditioning in cars to be a necessity in most locales.  In offices, you can't really have fans blowing papers all over the place.  But at home I hate having the house closed up.  We have to spend all winter shut up inside.  When there are birds singing and leaves rustling and rain falling, I want the windows wide open.  Even I gladly turned on the air conditioning today.

JK and I took a WSQG* field trip close to home today and with the AC on high in car.  We went to Stitchers' Crossing, still the home town favorite, and then out to Waunakee to Mill House Quilts, a very close second.  It was just so nice to spend the afternoon together talking about art and quilts and color and fabrics.... Mary


* World's Smallest Quilt Guild

No comments:

Post a Comment