Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15 Block

Rick, the girls, and I are going to tour a senior retirement apartment for Grandpa tomorrow.  Madison is halfway between Rick's brother in the Chicago area and his sister in St. Paul, MN.  Madison also has a wonderful VA hospital along with the UW Hospital Clinics.  Last Monday I toured the retirement community, but the big guns are coming in tomorrow with cameras, clipboard, and measuring tape.

I don't have time to rice stitch the other side of tonight's block, and as I look at it I'm not positive that I will stitch the other side as well.  Good to sleep on it and decide tomorrow.  You can still see my disappearing pen line to mark the half inch seam allowance.  I'm leaving a full half inch around the blocks because they will be handled and stitched on and beaded.  I don't want to have fraying quarter inch allowances as I keep working on the quilt....  Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment