Friday, December 9, 2011

December 9 Block

Today is Donny Osmond's birthday.  While I think Donny is a perfectly nice guy, I'm not a huge fan.  However, my cousin Lisa was his biggest fan.  Lisa was one year older than me and developmental disabled.  We grew up across the street from one another.  Lisa's favorite color was purple, so every birthday, Christmas, whatever, we bought her purple presents:  scarves, bracelets, slippers, mittens, etc.  Purple was Lisa's favorite color because she had a record album of Donny Osmond's and on the cover he was wearing purple socks.  Lisa passed away a couple of years ago, but I still think of her whenever I see the color purple.  So happy birthday, Donny, and thank you for all the joy you brought to Lisa's life over the years....  Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment